Monday, March 11, 2024

Best Moment of the Oscars: Ryan Gosling Sings "I'm Just Ken"

 



It was the 96th Oscars or Academy Awards or whatever they are called. Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, the show was like it is every year: too long. 

The truth for me is that I haven't seen most of the movies that are nominated except Barbie, Society of the Snow, and Wonka. Honestly, I watch this show because I have always watched it, but mostly because something might happen like the streaker running behind David Niven. They gave us John Cena naked but with essential coverage that was slightly better than a fig leaf.

I enjoyed Billie Eilish's (an older brother Finneas) performance of "What I was Made For" from the Barbie movie. I thought, "Okay, the highpoint of the night."

Then along comes Barbie's sometimes significant other Ken, or should I say Ryan Gosling playing his role from the film and singing "I'm Just Ken." It was one of those moments that become legendary and you know it as it is happening. Throw in a solo from Slash and Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's son), and this was a powerfully entertaining performance. It is probably the best Oscar moment in many years.

Who won? Just like last year's Super Bowl, I really don't remember, and I don't feel bad about that. 

So, take a few minutes and watch the video. Like popcorn, it is very addictive. I bet you watch more than once! Enjoy.  

No comments: